Who We Are
As a service to the community, Kailua Methodist Preschool nurtures children's development of "strong bodies, healthy minds, God's heart" within a Christian small-class setting. Our focus is on development of the whole child socially, intellectually, physically, spiritually, and emotionally, through hands-on and cooperative learning experiences. KMP is dedicated to instilling in each child a love of learning throughout his/her life.
- Small, well-supervised classes with a focus on engaging and growing in relationship with God;
- Opportunities for children to listen carefully and to obey the first time instructions are given, learning to be responsible and accountable for the consequences of their own actions;
- Materials and instruction that contribute to a child's academic readiness;
- An opportunity outside the home for a child to interact with children of the same age, while developing congenial behavioral skills;
- Enrichment to the child's world through play, the creative arts, music, stories, books, nature and science;
- Appropriate activities and equipment for development of large and small muscle skills.
The Heart of KMP: Our Staff
Our staff truly is a family! They are united by their love and passion for teaching our keiki.
Ms. Jade (Director, Older Pre-K): Ms. Jade has been with KMP since 2009. She grew up on the windward side of Oahu and enjoys sharing her love for the ocean with her husband and three sons.
Ms. Iwa (Younger Pre-K): Ms. Iwa joined KMP in 2014. She loves crafting, hiking, traveling, and having fun with her husband and puppy!
Mrs. T (Older 3's): Mrs. T is KMP's former director and actually retired in 2012. However, she just couldn't stay away from teaching our wonderful keiki, so she came back a couple years later to teach our 3-year-olds. Mrs. T loves baseball and beading!
Mrs. A (Younger 3's): Mrs. A has been with KMP since 2009, but has been teaching and inspiring preschoolers for 30 years! In fact, some of our parents are her former students! Mrs. A loves cooking and taking care of her many nieces and nephews.
Ms. Charity (2's Class): Ms. Charity joined KMP in 2014. A talented artist and crafter, she also loves animals, especially her many fish! (Just check out her classroom!)
Ms. Angelica (Aide): Ms. Angelica returned to KMP in 2018 to add a helping hand! You can always find her smiling, playing, and singing a song!
Ms. Jami (Administrator): Ms. Jami keeps KMP running smoothly! She came to KMP in 2011 when she heard Mrs. A was teaching here. Ms. Jami enjoys paddling, playing softball, and raising her son and daughter.
A few details...
Kailua Methodist Preschool (KMP) is a non-profit preschool sponsored by Kailua United Methodist Church (KUMC).