Who We Are
As a service to the community, Kailua Methodist Preschool nurtures children's development of "strong bodies, healthy minds, God's heart" within a Christian small-class setting. Our focus is on development of the whole child spiritually, socially, intellectually, physically and emotionally, through hands-on and cooperative learning experiences. KMP is dedicated to instilling in each child a love of learning throughout his/her life.
KMP provides a loving Christian environment to aid each child in developing appropriate character and life skills to become healthy, responsible and contributory adults. With this in mind, in cooperation with parents, we offer:
- Small, well-supervised classes with a focus on engaging and growing in relationship with God;
- Opportunities for children to listen carefully and to obey the first time instructions are given, learning to be responsible and accountable for the consequences of their own actions;
- Materials and instruction that contribute to a child's academic readiness;
- An opportunity outside the home for a child to interact with children of the same age, while developing congenial behavioral skills;
- Enrichment to the child's world through play, the creative arts, music, stories, books, nature and science;
- Appropriate activities and equipment for development of large and small muscle skills.
(Children are admitted on a space-available basis regardless of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin.)